Total Quality Management, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing (100 points)
Choose a large Middle Eastern company that has or had a problem with poor quality. In a 3-4-page paper, not including the cover and reference pages, explain the situation, and the consequences of poor quality in terms of loss of business, liability, productivity or costs. You may find Chapter 9 in your text to be of help to you. Explain what the company might have done to correct the problem, and what the condition of the company is now (for example, out-of-business, overcame the issue, etc.).
Be sure to use at least two current, scholarly references beyond any required course readings. Current sources are those published within the most recent five-year period, and scholarly sources are those from peer-reviewed journals.
Make certain for each listed reference that you have at least one supporting citation in the body of your content. Your reference page is always the last page of the submission where all individual references get listed. The Saudi Digital Library is a good resource to search for these references. Submit your presentation into the Assignment Dropbox.
It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the TurnItIn Originality Check prior to submitting them to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the TurnItIn Originality Check – Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Chapters 9 & 10 in Operations Management.
- Chapter 9 PowerPoint slides – Operations Management.
- Chapter 10 PowerPoint slides – Operations Management.
- Al-Otaibi, F. M. S. (2015). Role of exploratory factor analysis applicability of TQM practices on items of quality culture in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. International Journal of Business Management, 10(1), 136-143. Retrieved from http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijbm/article/view/39716/23829
- Oschman, J. J. (2017). The role of strategic planning in implementing a Total Quality Management framework: An empirical view. The Quality Management Journal, 24(2), 41-53.
- Excellence Ashram. (2014, June 4). Lean Six Sigma project case study: Reduce procurement cycle time [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkUwU7U9U64
- Stevenson, W. (2015). Six Sigma at Caterpillar [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.viddler.com/embed/ee24445d/?f=1&autoplay=0&player=full&disablebranding=0
- Weislearners. (2013, November 19). Introduction to lean Six Sigma and process capability [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OToakjR5s9Y