Discussion 6 Question:
After reading the play, make a comment about why you think it was clearly crazy for the men in the play to overlook the talents that the women possess. Explain how the bird is like Minnie, the main character.
1. Summarize the one act play.
2. Discuss the male-female relationship during the period.
3. What are the clues that the women find and the men do not?
4. What does foreshadowing mean and what is an example?
5. What do the women find in the box?
6. What does Mrs. Peters express to Mrs. Hale about guilt?
7. How does the first entrance establish a distinction between the males and the females? What about the reactions over the preserves?
8. What is a symbol?
9. What is symbolic about the broken cage and the dead bird?
10. How did Minnie kill her husband? What hints lead you to the conclusion?
11. Who killed the bird?
12. What is ironic about the men not finding any clues?