Use theories in the analysis of this assignment.
(Grant, R 2015 contemporary strategy analysis, 9th ed, Wiley) is needed.
- In what ways has Jeff Immelt redirected the strategy of GE? (25%)
- To what extent is the strategy aligned with (30%)
- The requirements of the 21st century business environment?(External factors)
- GE’s resources & capabilities?(Internal factors)
- What organisational changes has the new strategy necessitated? Will GE be able to successfully execute the new strategy? (20%)
- What alternative strategies should GE consider? (25%)
Target word count 3,000
The percentages above indicate the weighting given to each section.
You will be expected to read the case several times to make sure you understand the context, grasp the detail and then review the key elements using the core strategy models to go through the strategy process, drawing on evidence from the case to support and justify your views.
You should carry out further research on GE, however you must only use material drawn from credible sources such as: academic articles and texts; quality newspaper and business periodicals, e.g., the FT, The Economist and the official GE website. You should not use unreliable sources such as non-reviewed websites, e.g., Wikipedia.
§ Cover Page
§ Table of Contents with page numbers
§ Tables & Abbreviations used (if any)
§ Executive summary (Half page: summarizes conclusion & contents)
§ Introduction (about GE generally).
§ Analyze & Address Assignment Questions.
§ Paragraph headings & subheadings with numbers (2; 2.1, ..etc)
§ Limited use of bullet points & fonts.
§ Don’t use many fonts.
§ Use relevant academic models + Ref.
§ Support your ideas (Case & Journal articles)
§ Recommendation, Conclusion & References.