CT11 for MGT530
Supply Chain Management (100 points)
Al Baik must ship replacement parts for their ovens, and the supply chain manager must choose between two shipping alternatives: two-day freight, and five-day freight. Using five-day freight saves 750 Riyal (SAR), but the primary consideration is holding cost, which is 38 Riyal per unit per year. Al Baik must ship 2000 units. In a 3-4-page paper, which alternative would you recommend to the supply chain manager and why?
Be sure to use at least two current, scholarly references beyond any required course readings. Current sources are those published within the most recent five-year period, and scholarly sources are those from peer-reviewed journals.
Make certain for each listed reference that you have at least one supporting citation in the body of your content. Your reference page is always the last page of the submission where all individual references get listed. The Saudi Digital Library is a good resource to search for these references. Submit your presentation into the Assignment Dropbox.
It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the TurnItIn Originality Check prior to submitting them to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the TurnItIn Originality Check – Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Chapter 15 in Operations Management.
- Chapter 15 PowerPoint slides – Operations Management.
- Albuloushi, N., &Algharaballi, E. (2014). Examining the influence of the cultural aspects of uncertainty avoidance on supply chain coordination. The Journal of Applied Business Research, 30(3), 847-862.
- Davis-Sramek, B., Fugate, B. S., Miller, J., Germain, R., &Izyumov, A. (2017). Understanding the present by examining the past: Imprinting effects on supply chain outsourcing in a transition economy. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 53(1), 65-86.
- Livanis, G., Robertson, C. J., Al-Shuaibi, K. M., & Hussain, K. (2016). Outsourcing destination choices: The role of economic and cultural attributes. International Marketing Review, 33(1), 51-87.
- Morieux, Y. (2013, October). Yves Morieux: As work gets more complex, 6 rules to simplify [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.ted.com/talks/yves_morieux_as_work_gets_more_complex_6_rules_to_simplify
- Stevenson, W. (2015). APL [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.viddler.com/embed/49f451d8/?f=1&autoplay=0&player=full&disablebranding=0