University of Phoenix Material
Tools and Decision-Making for Ongoing Performance Management Scenario Worksheet
Select one scenario that is most applicable to your chosen organization from the Week Three assignment and complete the worksheet.
Part 1: Choose a Scenario
· ABC Organization has noticed an increase in patients who have acquired infections while receiving care and service. In fact, there seems to be so many types of infections that the organization does not know where to start. With your guidance, the organization will be able to identify infections and the number of infections per category throughout the facility to determine the vital few and focus their efforts on the few areas that will bring about the greatest return on investment of time and effort. The organization needs to identify which infections affect the most patients. Which tools would you use to make this decision?
· DEF Organization has received complaints from patients regarding the delays they experienced when checking in for care or service at the front desk to the time they are called to receive their services. The patients commonly described the issues they experienced as a bottleneck. The organization has determined that the admission process needs to be reviewed and suggestions need to be made on ways to streamline the process to more efficiently manage the flow of patients in the facility. Which tools would you use to make decisions on streamlining the process?
· The information technology department of GHI Organization recently experienced a system outage that left staff in the organization unable to access their primary billing software application for several hours. Leaders in the organization noticed this disruption of workflow. They wanted to know the contributing causes and the root causes of this outage so systems could be implemented to ensure no future disruption. With your knowledge of tools used for decision-making, which tools would be most effective for addressing this situation?
· Leadership in JKL Organization has asked the following questions:
o Have our customer satisfaction scores improved over the past 2 years since we implemented the rapid response teams?
o Are there any observable patterns or trends upward or downward? Are there any high or low points?
Which tools would you use to answer these questions?
Part 2: Complete the following sections.
Support your answers with a minimum of 6 sources, 4 from the University Library and 2 from either the course textbooks or this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. Prepare a list of all resources used in your research in the References section.
Information (Answer the following questions in 25 to 50 words each.)
1. What kind of information do you need to respond to this scenario?
2. How and where can you acquire this information?
3. What processes should you use to gather this information?
Complete the following table. (Complete rows with 25 to 50 words each.)
What Kind of Information Will Each Tool Provide?
Under What Conditions is This Tool Most Applicable?
Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
Cause and effect diagram
How do you determine which tool is most appropriate?
What are the most appropriate tools for responding to this scenario?
Response (Your answer should be 50 to 100 words.)
How will you respond to the scenario? Explain your reasoning.
Collaboration (Answer the following questions in 50 to 100 words each.)
1. How did your team come to an agreement about this scenario?
2. What challenges did you encounter? How did you overcome these challenges?